terça-feira, 17 de março de 2015
|Posting Number: YUSA-9311|
|Position Title: Graduate Program Assistant|
|Department: Master of Conference Interpreting, Glendon College|
|Salary: Annual salary of $54,534 will be prorated based on the number of weeks worked.|
|Duration: Limited Term Full-Time|
|Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Position Start Date: March 23, 2015 Position End Date: July 31, 2017|
|Purpose:PLEASE NOTE: This position requires bilingualism in English and French, and is located at Glendon College: 2275 Bayview Avenue, Toronto.|
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the Graduate Program Assistant (GPA) is responsible for providing course support to graduate faculty members, administrative support to the graduate program, first-line of support in the Masters of Conference Interpretation (MCI) lab and backup support for the academic unit.
|Education:Completion of some post-secondary courses in a related discipline such as Interpreting, Office Administration and Business.|
|Experience:Three years of relevant experience such as office and budget administration; at least one year of experience with interpreting hardware and software, Experience in coordinating/scheduling academic and administrative activities and processes and providing student and faculty support is an asset.|
|Skills:Exercising tact, diplomacy and discretion; dealing courteously and effectively with people Effective oral and written communication to obtain and relay information accurately Demonstrated excellence in customer service Maintaining confidentiality Attention to detail Exercising good judgment and initiative Working effectively and accurately under pressure of high volume and constant interruptions; ability to multi-task Excellent organizational skills including ability to set priorities, proactively pursues completion of tasks to meet deadlines Working independently as well as working effectively as part of a team Knowledge of an on-line computerized records systems (e.g. SIS) Word processing 40-45 wpm, accuracy essential Experience with updating websites (e.g. contribute and/or word-press is an asset) Intermediate word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet skills (MS Excel) Ability to communicate orally and in writing in Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, Russian or Mandarin is an asset, Advanced Knowledge of English and French Willingness to learn other tools (Adobe Connect, Moodle, University online systems like ADMw) Knowledge of the interpreting profession is an asset Knowledge of Adobe Connect, Moodle, Audio-Visual equipment is an asset|
|Cover Letter Required: Yes|
- You have submitted a complete application package (application form*, resume and covering letter) by 4:30 p.m. on the posted deadline date. When emailing your application package, ensure that you have attached the resume, cover letter, and application form to your email.
- A complete application package has been submitted for each job posting you are applying for.
- You have quoted the appropriate posting number on your application form and in the subject line of your email. Please keep the posting number and position description for future reference or inquiries.
- Your application package is submitted in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word (.doc), or Adobe (.pdf). If you do not have access to the above programs, you may submit your resume and covering letter in plain text format (.txt). Please note the application form cannot be saved in this format.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Job: Client Services
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 2015-03-12
Req ID: 0067492
quarta-feira, 11 de março de 2015
Global Experience Ltd. - Vancouver, BC
For more information visit www.aglobalexperience.com (About Us → Jobs)
Full-time or part-time (50% - 100%) depending on your availability
Are you passionate about international education, traveling and the online world? Are you also fluent in English? Have you done an English study abroad trip yourself? We are looking for innovative and dedicated spirits to join our very personal team. Global Experience is a forward-looking, boutique-style international education agency that puts customer service at its forefront and communicates its counselling services in unique ways via various online channels. We understand the importance of a well trained team in order to provide the quality that our customers are looking for.
Main Purpose of the position:
Your main tasks are:
- Handle inquiries: advise potential customers about the various study abroad products/destinations, and coordinate with schools internationally.
- Marketing support in general: Help implement the Online Communication Mix plan (online marketing / social media activities).
What you can offer:
- Minimum High School Degree, some college/university education is ideal, but not a must.
- Some Experience in a sales position, whether this is international or domestic.
- Have done a (language) study abroad/exchange trip yourself
- Excellent command of either Brazilian Portuguese or Mexican/Colombian Spanish language in speaking, reading, writing
- Good level of English
- Enjoys advising students for their trip of a lifetime.
- Have a strong interest in the world of internet and social media
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Ideally, experience and/or an interest in the travel/language study abroad industry.
- enthusiastic Teamplayer with the ability to work independently
- Be creative, motivated, hard-working.
- Interested in learning new things
What we offer:
- work in a young, dynamic and international team in the beautiful centre of Vancouver
- Develop your skills (further) in the exciting, growing international education industry
- Solid product training, including school and destination visits, to become a star advisor and more
- $10-12/hour depending on experience, plus commission
How to apply:
For more information visit www.aglobalexperience.com (About Us → Jobs). Please email, in English, a resume and a brief motivation letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to the post (or visit website for email address) attn. Alex Graf.
Keywords: Brazil , Colombia , Mexico , International Education , consultant , advisor , travel agent , tourism, Latin America, South America, International Business
P.s. we currently also have an internship opportunity. Check out our website for further information.
To apply: http://www.indeed.ca/cmp/Global-Experience-Ltd./jobs/Brazilian-Colombian-Mexican-Market-a88c6aa15d1c9287